Installation and Upgrade Service Terms
Web Wiz reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision these Terms at any time without notice.
'Web Wiz' offer an installation and upgrade service for many of our software products taking away the difficulties that can be faced installing website software yourself and giving the piece of mind the software is installed securely by professionals.
One of our technicians will discuss with you your requirements before any work is started. If you have any questions or queries about this service please contact us before making payment to ensure this service is right for you.
This service covers up to one hour of work charged at an hourly rate and is for software from 'Web Wiz' only.
- Server Requirements
Please ensure that the server, onto which the software is to be installed, meets the minimum requirements for the software and you are using a compatible web host. These are given on our website for each of our products. If you are in any doubt please contact us for more information. If at a later stage we find that your server fails to meet the minimum requirements you will be billed at our hourly rate for time spent.
- Required Information
We will require the following information from you to begin the software installation:
- FTP login details
- Installation directory name and location
- Database login details (required for SQL Server and mySQL)
- Location of the secure database folder (required for Access version)
- We will require the ability to remotely connect to your web server and database server
Please double check to make sure the info you send us is correct. We will not be held responsible if you provide us with wrong information.
- Customisation and Custom Programming
Although our technicians will give you tips and hints on customisation, this is an installation and upgrade service only and doesn't include custom programming or modification of the default code base.
- Upgrade Service
The upgrade service is to upgrade 'Web Wiz' software from a previous version and not for upgrading from software provided by another company or entity. The service doesn't include migrating data between different database types eg. Access to SQL Server.
If your software has been heavily modified or any database changes made then our technicians may not be able to carryout the upgrade for you or the upgrade may fail as a result. Please check with us first as once work is started you will be billed at our hourly rate.
Payment is to be made in advance using the online payment system and is changed at the hourly rate of $
. For 99% of our customers there will be no issue of running over the initial time allowance.
This service is offered in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
You shall indemnify 'Web Wiz' and its agents and keep us indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any claim brought against us by yourself or a third party resulting from the provision of Services by us to You and your use of this Service including, without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), howsoever suffered or incurred by us in consequences of your breach or non-observance of this Agreement.
- Limitation Of Liability
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties relating to the Services supplied under this Agreement, whether imposed by statute or operation of law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded, subject always to sub clause 2.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Our total aggregate liability to you for any claim in contract, training, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services shall be limited to the charges paid by you in respect of the Services which are the subject of any such claim.
- In any event no claim shall be brought unless you have notified us of the claim within one year of it arising.
- In no event shall we be liable to you for any loss of business, contracts, profits or anticipated savings or for any other indirect or consequential or economic loss whatsoever.
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable or indications of the same are received by either you or us from any relevant competent authority, we shall amend that provision in such reasonable manner as achieves the intention of the parties without illegality or, at our discretion, such provision may be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- Applicable Law and Dispute
This Agreement and all matters arising from it are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising in connection with this Agreement and the place of performance of this Agreement is agreed by you to be England.
Headings are included in this Agreement for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions together with any documents expressly referred to in them, contain the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter covered and supersede any previous Agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral, between us in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation of these terms and conditions. In agreeing to these terms and conditions, you have not relied on any representation other than those expressly stated in these terms and conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not been made expressly in this Agreement.